Outbound Traffic Requirements:
|Kenna VM||api.kennasecurity.com||TCP/443||Web traffic used to verify your API key and pull a VPN configuration from Kenna to the VM.||A firewall rule for this must use a hostname as a destination, as its IP may change. This traffic can be sent through a standard web proxy.|
|TCP/443||OpenVPN traffic used to bring up a VPN tunnel from the VM to Kenna's client gateway.||This traffic is not HTTPS and requires a direct outbound connection; it cannot be sent through a web proxy.|
NOTE: When considering where to deploy the file, keep in mind that it must be able to reach both the security appliance or server inside your network AND make outbound TCP connections on port 443 (NOT HTTPS) to our client gateway at 188.8.131.52 & https://api.kennasecurity.com. This can be on a permanent virtualization server or on your own computer. Please keep in mind that if you run the virtual machine on your computer it will only have access to your network when the computer is running and the VM is active.
1. Contact email@example.com to enable this support for your account. Kenna Support must be contacted before you are able to register your virtual tunnel VM.
Direct Console access is required in order to configure the virtual tunnel. Please open a support ticket for assistance if you do not have direct access (i.e. AWS).
2. Download the VM image:
Kenna US Region: https://www.kennasecurity.com/virtualtunnel
Kenna EU Region: https://www.kennasecurity.com/virtualtunnel-eu
Contact support you are on a private region, are using a proxy or have any questions about which download is needed.
3. Import the VM image into your hypervisor or VM program (System Requirements: 700 MHz processor with 512 MiB RAM, 10 GB disk space). Please note: Our support department cannot convert the image into your hypervisors native image format.
4. Boot the VM.
5. When prompted, enter the API key given to you by Kenna into the VM.
1. Verify that the API key has been entered.
2. If your VM is a static IP, please confirm that you have entered in the IP information into the VM.
3. Verify that the correct network requirements have been put in place: outbound TCP connections on port 443 (NOT HTTPS) to our client gateway at 184.108.40.206 & https://api.kennasecurity.com.