CrowdStrike Spotlight connector is a new addition to the supported vulnerability scanners on the Kenna Platform. This initial iteration focuses specifically on Spotlight. Similar to other standard VR connectors, the Spotlight Connector imports CVEs and associates them with assets. It also displays a label that states whether a CrowdStrike Agent is present on the asset when the customer has access to the Spotlight API.
Platform Support Information
Currently, Kenna supports CrowdStrike Spotlight vulnerabilities and asset tagging for Agent.
User Prerequisites/Connector Setup
- A user designated with the role "Falcon Administrator" must create an API client.
- Minimum scopes include Read access to Hosts and Spotlight vulnerabilities.
Configuring the CrowdStrike Spotlight Connector in Kenna
Choose the CrowdStrike Spotlight Connector.
Enter the Username, API key, and Host Name.
What CrowdStrike Spotlight Items are Turned into Kenna Tags?
Tags – Asset if a CrowdStrike agent is present
Vulnerability Date Information
Within Kenna, there are several dates in the Vulnerabilities tab. When importing your connector data, these criteria are used to populate the date fields.
- "Found" within Kenna is when the connector first detected the vulnerability
- "Last Seen" within Kenna is the last date the connector detected the vulnerability
- "Created" within Kenna is the date the vulnerability was entered into Kenna
Connector API Calls
The following API calls are performed during a connector run to retrieve the connector information to be imported into the Kenna Platform.
- Tags: Presence of Falcon agent
- Hosts: Assets
- Detections: CVEs