AppSec Custom Fields
Kenna.AppSec provides several informational fields by default, such as Status, Type, and Connector name. If there are additional values that you’d like to record on the finding level, you can create a custom field. Custom fields allow you to apply additional metadata to findings.
Some examples include having internal application IDs for specific categories of findings, an owner field for findings, notes fields, alternate solutions, and date fields that are not standard but relevant for some application groups.
The following data types are supported for custom fields:
Supports a calendar date. A calendar date-picker displays when you edit the field. You can also input a date in MM/DD/YYYY format.
Supports a number. It can include decimals and is limited to a maximum of six digits.
Supports up to 50 characters of text. Use it for additional notes, marking the owner of a finding, or any other text-based data.
Supports up to 500 characters of text. Use it to set a description of a finding.
A list of static choices that appear when a user clicks on the title. Use it to list the level of priority for the finding internally. For example, Low, Medium, High.
An attachment of up to 2MB. Supported attachment file types include .pdf, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, and .xlsx.
Creating a Custom Field in AppSec
Note: You can create up to 200 custom fields.
- From the gear icon in the upper right side of the window, in the dropdown menu, click Custom Fields.
- Click Create Custom Field.
- Type values for the fields and click the AppSec radio button. If you want to filter on this field in Explore, click the Faceted Search checkbox.
Note: Each unique entry in a custom field creates a new check box in Explore. For example, if you have four unique dates, numbers, or text strings, four check boxes are created.
4. Click Save. The new custom field appears in the list of available custom fields.
Adding Data to a Custom Field
After you define custom fields, they are available for all findings.
Adding data to the custom fields for one or more findings
- On the Findings tab, select the check boxes for one or more findings and click Edit.
- Select the check boxes for the custom fields that you want to change.
- Click Continue.
- A window opens and displays all the custom fields that you selected. For each field, enter the value to be associated with it.
- Click Update Fields.
Adding data to the custom fields for one finding
This procedure is an alternate way to edit custom fields. You can edit only one finding at a time.
- On the Findings tab, click the blue arrow on the right side of a finding.
- The findings detail page opens. On the panel on the right, for each field that you want to change, click Edit for the field, and enter a value.
- Click Save.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. To view a list of Cisco trademarks, go to this URL: www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (1721R)
© 1992-2023 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.